HISTORY, PHILOSOPHY AND AESTHETICS
ACCESS AND ADMISSION
You can consult the general entry requirements and admission rules here.
You can apply to the PhD in Humanities, History, Philosophy and Aesthetics by fulfilling the following requirements:
- BE IN POSSESSION OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ACADEMIC DEGREES:
· BA and the official MA in Humanities from Francisco de Vitoria University (90 ECTS and a duration of two academic years).
· Subject to the opinion of the Academic Committee, students from other Master’s courses whose curricula and competences are similar to the Master’s in Humanities at Francisco de Vitoria University may also be admitted to the programme.
- TO HAVE A GOOD ACADEMIC RECORD, IN BOTH THE BA AND MA DEGREES
- PROOF OF COMPETENCE IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE WITH A MINIMUM LEVEL OF B1
· Consult the Common European Framework for Language here.
- TO PRESENT A DETAILED RESEARCH PROPOSAL. Including the formulation of the main hypothesis, the secondary hypotheses, the description of the methodology to be followed, a first state-of-the-art report, the initial critical review of the sources, a research itinerary and timeline, and the justification of the research in relation to the research areas of the programme.
- CONDUCT A PERSONAL INTERVIEW* WITH A MEMBER OF THE ACADEMIC COMMITTEE