MEDICINE AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
In general, it will be necessary to hold an official Spanish Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a Master’s degree or equivalent, provided that at least 300 ECTS credits have been passed in these two degrees together.
- DURATION: three years full-time, five years part-time
- DEGREE: Upon successful completion of the doctoral programme, you will be awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Biotechnology, Medicine and Biomedical Sciences by Francisco de Vitoria University.
- UNIVERSITY: Francisco de Vitoria University.
- SCHOOL: International Doctoral School of Francisco de Vitoria University.
- IMPLEMENTATION TIMELINE: The PhD in Biotechnology, Medicine and Biomedical Sciences was implemented in the 2013/14 academic year, according to Royal Decree 99/2011.
- PLACES OFFERED: 20
- METHODOLOGY: The doctoral programme is essentially a research period, during which your primary task is the preparation of your PhD thesis. To support you with this endeavour, a specific study plan is established for this period, which includes tutorials, seminars, courses, training activities and research stays at other universities, both in Spain and abroad. All of this is carried out under the guidance, direction and criteria your Tutor or Thesis Supervisor.
This programme includes two main research areas which are:
• Biotechnology and Biomedicine: Advanced Therapies, Neuroscience, Biotechnology.
• Clinical Medicine and Health Communication: Clinical Epidemiology Research, Research on aspects related to interpersonal skills and to the humanistic dimension of the medical profession.
During this training period, you will complete a series of training activities that will be supervised by your Tutor and Thesis Supervisor and will be evaluated annually (in September) by the Academic Committee.