MEDICINE AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
ACCESS AND ADMISSION
In general, it will be necessary to hold an official Spanish Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a Master’s degree or equivalent, provided that at least 300 ECTS credits have been passed in these two degrees together.
Those who are in any of the following situations may also access the programme:
- Be in possession of an official Spanish university degree, or a degree from another country within the European Higher Education Area, which qualifies for access to a Master’s degree in accordance with the provisions of Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October 2007, and who have passed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in all official university studies, of which at least 60 must be at Master’s level.
- Be in possession of an official Spanish Graduate Degree, the duration of which, according to the rules of Community law, is at least 300 ECTS credits (*)
- University graduates who, after obtaining a training place in the corresponding entrance exam for specialised health training courses, have passed at least two years of training with a positive evaluation in a programme to obtain the official degree of one of the specialties in Health Sciences.
- Be in possession of a degree obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems, without the need for its homologation, after verification by the university that it satisfies a level of training equivalent to that of the official Spanish MA degree and that it entitles the holder to access doctoral studies in the country issuing the degree. This admission will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous degree that the interested party holds or its recognition for other purposes than access to the PhD programme.
- Be in possession of another Spanish PhD obtained in accordance with previous university regulations.
(*) These graduates must take complementary training courses, unless the curriculum of the corresponding degree includes research training credits, equivalent in training value to the research credits from Master’s studies:
|Research Methodology in Biomedical Sciences||6ECTS|
|Basic Research Techniques in Biomedical Sciences||3ECTS|
The selection criteria are as follows:
|Academic record (Master’s degree if applicable)||75%|
|Other merits (courses, seminars, official MA degrees and university-specific degrees, etc)||10%|
|Presentation in the research area which interests the student||5%|
|Letters of recommendation (optional)||2%|