What is ECVA
Established in 2022, ECVA offers a forum for promoting research, training and networking in the field of character education. ECVA provides unrivalled opportunities for members to share best practices by participating in projects, events and other mutual-learning activities involving a wide range of universities. The Association also provides members with unique opportunities to shape European policies and initiatives affecting higher education and research. We bring together many educational institutions in Europe and scholars from all over the world. We achieve this in two main ways. First, we hold annual conferences. Our conferences are held in a different part of Europe each year. They last just a few days, and are a chance to hear and discuss academic papers on aspects of character and virtues. ECVA seeks to further serve character virtue education in Europe and beyond through publication, the creation and maintenance of key resources, organisation of events and the training of those involved in the delivery of character and virtue education. The second way we fulfil our aims is by means of our new journal: The European Journal of Character and Virtues.
ECVA is a membership organisation made up of academic networks, practitioner associations, disciplinary groups and universities.
The main purposes of ECVA are to promote learning and research in character virtues as a resource for Europe and the world, and to engage with policymakers and practitioners. The ECVA network seeks to reinforce connections with the wider international world of character virtue education.
- •ECVA provides a platform for engagement among its member organisations and for the promotion of a shared commitment to the advancement of character virtues in Europe;
- •ECVA provides a channel for information, research, ideas, policy proposals and consultations shared between its member organisations and policy makers, advisers, public–private partnerships, administrators and practitioners;
- •ECVA draws on the expertise and insight of its member organisations and enhances the visibility of European universities globally in the field of character and virtues;
- •ECVA seeks to influence key decision makers at European, national and regional level by informing members about policy debates impacting character development.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE
- To offer an overview of the challenges and opportunities in character and virtues education in Europe.
- To consolidate ECVA so that it can respond to the challenges and opportunities in character and virtues work in Europe.
- To find concrete ways to collaborate in this area through ECVA.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The conference theme speaks to the educational, social, political, and cultural challenges and opportunities for character and Virtue Education in Europe.
More specifically: Which are the challenges and opportunities in Europe to help grow in character and virtue education? What initiatives are being taken already in Europe in this area? In what areas should more work be done and what actions should be taken to bring character and virtue education to the forefront in Europe? What educational practices are being carried out or should be carried out in this regard? How can we do networking to face the challenges and opportunities that character and virtue education present in Europe?
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE OF ABSTRACTS
From December 16th, 2022 until February 28th, 2023
Acceptance of papers: before March 25th, 2023
The paper proposal can be submitted just in English and must meet the following requirements:
· Summary between 500-600 words, with 4-5 key words.
· Short abstract 100 words
· Title of the paper, authors with the university/institution to which they belong and their e-mail address.
· The abstract will include introduction, objectives, method and conclusions. Papers proposals should be send to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28th, 2023
REGISTRATION FEE: 195€
You can register to attend the conference without submitting a paper proposal. Presenters of all accepted papers will be expected to register to attend the conference
Registration fee includes transportation from the hotel(s) to the university*, lunch and dinner Wednesday and Thursday, coffee breaks, material.
*Just if you choose the hotels that will be provided
In order to formalise your registration you must follow the following steps:
· Fill in the REGISTRATION FORM
· Access the payment gateway by clicking on the selected registration method and make the corresponding payment
· Deadline of payment May 8th , 2023
Universidad Francisco de Vitoria
Central Campus of the Francisco de Vitoria University:
Ctra. Pozuelo-Majadahonda (M-515) Km. 1.80028223, Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
The conference will be in Module 2, Sala de grados
Click here to see how to arrive to UFV:
The following two hotels have a special price UNTIL MAY 30th. Reservations after May 30th will have to adjust to the agency regular prices. For reservations please contact: email@example.com and say you are attending the ECVA Conference at UFV.
· Eurostars-I Hotel:
– Price for double room and night: 99 euros
– Price for double room for single use: 89 euros
– Breakfast included
· Sercotel Pozuelo:
– Double price per night: 138 euros
– Double price for single use: 127 euros
– Breakfast included.
· NH Zurbano Hotel
· Address: Zurbano Street, 79-81, 28003 Madrid.
· Phone number: +34 914 41 45 00. · E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Castellana Norte-Barceló Hotel
· Adress: Avenida de Manoteras, 20, 28050 Madrid
· Telephone number: +34 91 383 09 50 · E-mail: email@example.com
· Pozuelo Hotel
· Adress: Camino de las Huertas, 2, building 5, 28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
· Telephone number: +34 91 631 25 10 · E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Madrid – Central Campus of the Francisco de Vitoria University – Madrid
· Information pending
· Public bus transport
· From Moncloa: line 657 (click to check schedule)
· From Aluche: lines 561, 561-A or 561-B
· From Majadahonda / Pozuelo (circular): 650, 561, 561-A o 561-B
· Taxi service
· Airport-UFV: around 40 €.
· UFV-Puerta del Sol (city center): around 22 €.
· Other transport options from the Adolfo Suárez- Madrid Barajas airport to the university:
· “Group 3”: Private transport service. Contact: email@example.com Telephone number: 650410707. Capacity: from 1 to 4 people Payment: credit card, cash and bank transfer.
· Public taxi service (public service): You could always choose this option. If you do, remember to ask for the invoice in case you do not agree with the amount requested by the cab driver, so that we can later help you to file any claim. It is necessary to book the cab 24 hours in advance. It will be waiting for you at the departure gate of your flight in your name.
For further information you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com