MEDICINE AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
The doctoral programmes at Francisco de Vitoria University have a quality management model based on an evaluation system that covers all academic and organisational aspects of the activities, including initial, procedural and resulting aspects. The evaluation process is designed by choosing the activities that serve our knowledge interests, so that these are the best possible activities, concerning the objectives sought. All the information on the Internal Quality Assurance System of the Doctoral School is available here.
The responsibilities of the PhD Quality Committee and its members can be consulted here.
- Verification Process. Report:
- The renewal of the accreditation of official PhD degrees is based on the following fundamental elements: Self-evaluation report and External Visit. The renewal of the accreditation of the PhD in Biotechnology, Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at Francisco de Vitoria University will take place in the 2018-2019 academic year. During the External Visit Phase, all parties involved in the Degree are called upon to participate and provide their perspective on the design, development and results of said degree. For this purpose, Francisco de Vitoria University provides the following link to the form.
- SIGC results: indicators, rates and plans for improvement
SUPPORT STAFF, RESOURCE MATERIALS AND SERVICES
The provision of support staff, resource materials and services in accordance with the teaching objectives of the degrees is one of the priorities of Francisco de Vitoria University, and therefore of the Postgraduate and Consultancy Area, which is responsible for organising the Master's degrees.
Currently, some of the agreements with other organisations or institutions include:
• FREMAP, Mutua de Accidentes de Trabajo y Enfermedades Profesionales de la Seguridad Social Nº61 [Mutual Society for Work-related Injuries and Occupational Diseases collaborating with the National Social Security].
• Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas [Spanish National Research Council] (CSIC).
• Hospital Beata María [Beata María Hospital].
• Hospital del Henares [Henares Hospital].
• Centro de Investigaciones energéticas medioambientales y tecnológicas [Energy, Environmental and Technological Research Centre].
• Fundación Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Carlos III [Carlos III National Research Centre Foundation].
• Fundación Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas Carlos III [Spanish National Cancer Research Centre] (CNIO).
• Hospital Universitario de Torrejón para la docencia universitaria en Medicina y Ciencias de la salud [University Hospital Torrejón for Medicine and Health Sciences education].
• Sanitas S.A de hospitales sociedad unipersonal para la docencia universitaria en medicina y ciencias de la salud [Sanitas Hospitals for Medicine and Health Sciences education].
• Fundación Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Aragón [Aragon Institute of Health Research Foundation].
• Fundación para la Investigación Biomédica del Hospital Gregorio Marañón [Gregorio Marañón Hospital Biomedical Research Foundation]
• Hospital Fundación Alcorcón [Alcorcón Foundation Hospital].
• Inova Diagnostic Inc.
• Fundación para la investigación Biomédica del Hospital Universitario La Paz [University Hospital La Paz Biomedical Research Foundation].
• MD Anderson International España S.A.
• Fundación de Investigación Biomédica del H.U Puerta de Hierro Majadahonda [University Hospital Puerta de Hierro Majadahonda Biomedical Research Foundation].
• University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine. For more information, download the complete PDF of resources, materials and services for the PhD in Biotechnology, Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. Download PDF
FOLLOW-UP OF PhD STUDENTS
Once enrolled, a personalised activity document will be created for you, describing all the activities of interest to you. This will be regularly reviewed by your Tutor, Thesis Supervisor and the Academic Committee.
Before the end of the first year, you will prepare a "Research Plan", endorsed by your Tutor and Thesis Supervisor, describing the methodology and objectives of your thesis, as well as a schedule for achieving them.
Every year, the Academic Committee will evaluate your research plan, together with the document of activities and reports that your Thesis Supervisor and Tutor must issue for this purpose. In the event of the Academic Commission detecting major shortcomings, it may request that you submit a new research plan within six months. In the event of persistent shortcomings, the Academic Commission will issue a justified report explaining why you will have to leave the programme.
Your PhD thesis will consist of original research on a subject related to the scientific-technical field of the PhD. You must write and defend your PhD thesis in Spanish or in another language of international scientific dissemination if accepted by the Academic Committee. A thesis written as a compendium of publications may be presented by those who have a minimum of three articles published prior to the defence of the thesis, of which at least two must have been published after the date of the first enrolment in the programme. The other must have been published in the three years prior to the date of the first enrolment in the programme. The research must have been published in relevant scientific journals in the area of knowledge and indexed (JCR, SJR), or in edited books of justified importance in which your name must appear in at least two of them as the first or the last author. The supervision and acceptance of this work will always be subject to the opinion of the UVF Doctoral Committee.
To consult the UFV Digital Repository, click here.