ESTUDIANTES DE INTERCAMBIO
UFV offers international theater courses, whose objective is to develop different aspects useful for the student’s professional and personal life, as well as to favor the integration of foreign students with Spanish students and the internationalization of the latter.
The classes are composed of a physical warm-up part and a second part of exercises. The contents are specially directed to the growth of the student’s skills of expression, social skills, memory, imagination, use of the body and language, as well as their ability to make decisions, improvisation, listening and teamwork, among others.
The atmosphere in both classes is multicultural, as the participants are mostly students coming on an Erasmus+ or bilateral exchange for a four-month period. Group 1 is taught in English and group 2 in Spanish.
Depending on the student’s study plan, taking this course may grant up to 3 ECTS.
Timetable for the 1st semester 2023-2024
- Group 1 (English): Mondays from 15:00 to 18:00.
- Group 2 (Spanish): Tuesdays from 15:00 to 18:00.
You can register now for the shift of your choice: https://forms.office.com/e/SAaw0L7xLm.
Registration deadline: September 10.
Places will be assigned in order of registration, as there is a limited number of participants per course.
David, estudiante de Videojuegos: “En Teatro Internacional te sientes libre”
Svea, Slovakian exchange student: “Drama class helped me a lot with my shyness”
Dovile, Lituania: “La clase de teatro internacional ha sido terapéutica”
“International Drama class helps you get our of your comfort zone” | Diana, from Colombia
Dimensions of the person we will work with during the course:
- Looking: exercises for paying attention to yourself, to the group and the space as a whole. Improvisation exercises through which you learn to look beyond a fictitious situation as though it were real (to learn that on any stage there are more factors to take into account than what you see, etc.).
- Listening: listening exercises with which you learn to look at the other person. Conditions for an encounter with another character. Teamwork. Listening to the body. Inner listening. Decision making.
- Improvisating: development of the capacity to resolve a conflict quickly and to contribute instead of criticise. Learning to go deeper into the topics that arise.
- Memory and imagination: as tools for tackling a problem. Exercises to activate your memory and to uncover tools you have already integrated into yourself because you have been through X situations. Imagination exercises to discover the treasure we have inside us and how useful it can be for offering creative solutions to personal, academic or professional situations.
- Body: like one more tool at the service of life. Body and voice exercises.
- Community dimension: this will be a group in which life is shared at very deep levels, helping the young people to come out of their shells and discover the richness of being with the rest, and getting over their fears, loneliness and blocks.
- Vocation: discover your own value to make you want to go out into the world and help to improve it, to place yourself at its service.
- Taking risks: the student must confront each exercise with what he or she is: they are their own tool, and the only thing they have to work with. The student will have the chance to take some risk and triumph over it, thus discovering dimensions of their being and breaking barriers they would not otherwise have reached.