Information about medical insurance

es Information about medical insurance Estudiar en Universidad Privada Madrid

At the moment of application, all exchange students at UFV on international mobility programs (Erasmus or Bilateral) must be in possession of insurance for healthcare, travel assistance and repatriation in the event of accident. Similarly, UFV may require civil liability insurance for certain forms of exchange (traineeships). All of the three types of insurance mentioned must be valid throughout the stay at UFV.

Students on Erasmus+ exchanges

European Health Insurance Card

For Erasmus+ exchanges, you should apply for the European Health Insurance Card which allows access to the public health system in any of the 27 EU member countries, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. More information about the European Health Insurance Card on the European Commission website.

The European Health Insurance Card is not an alternative to travel insurance. It does not cover private healthcare, nor costs arising in certain circumstances such as repatriation, certain surgical procedures, return flight to the country of origin or the loss or theft of personal belongings. To cover these, students must take out a complementary insurance policy (see information about “Private Health Insurance”).

Complementary insurance policies cover situations such as hospitalisation in the event of accident, including medical transfer to Spain or travel and accommodation for family members, etc.

  •  Before going to doctors or hospitals, check whether they are part of the public system and accept the European Health Insurance Card.
  •  On the website of the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality you will find a list of the public hospitals and health centres.

NON-Erasmus (Bilateral) exchange students

Private Health Insurance

If the student is not a European citizen, they must hold private medical insurance which covers them and will remain valid throughout their stay at UFV. It is mandatory to send a copy of the policy taken out to the International Relations Office before the student starts their period of exchange.

The policy must include:

  •  Accident insurance
  •  Travel assistance for your journeys
  •  Medical insurance
  •  Repatriation of remains



  • INTERNATIONAL HOSPITALHospital Universitario HM Madrid:Plaza Conde Valle Suchill, 16 (zone Moncloa – Malasaña) Metro: Line 4 San Bernardo / Line 2 San Bernardo y Quevedo
    Office number: (+34) 91 445 21 26
    ​​Emergency medical assistance 24/7: (+34) 629 823 493
     Attention 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with international staff, contact by email, telephone or in person, 6 different languages, and always respecting different cultures ans opinions. Home assistance and ambulance service. All medical specialities. They work with almost all the insurance companies without charging co-payment (always provided that the student’s insurer guarantees reimbursement).