Francisco de Vitoria University does NOT handle housing for international students. Nevertheless, the Vice-Rectorate for International Relations holds useful information which may help in your quest. The most economical option is to rent a shared flat with other students (from 400 to 500 euros per month excluding costs – water, electricity, etc). There are a variety of options: individual rooms with or without own bathroom, rental of complete apartment, families, student residences, etc. Our recommendation is to make contact with Citylife Madrid who will help you with everything related to your stay, even before you arrive in Madrid (housing, bank account, transport pass, mobile contract, internet, etc.)
UFV recommends renting through specialist agencies which will charge you a small commission but offer you the assurance of having a signed contract and being able to complain if some problem arises. Don’t forget to say you are a UFV student and they will give you a discount. The best zones for students are: Argüelles, Moncloa, Alonso Martínez, Gran Vía, Bilbao and their surroundings. The Aluche and Plaza de Castilla areas also have very good communications with the University.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SIGN A CONTRACT OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLAIN IF SOME PROBLEM ARISES
helpMadrid: One of Madrid’s largest and best-known agencies, which offers high-quality rooms for rent but at very affordable prices. It also offers all kinds of useful information about the different zones of residence, etc!
Housinganywhere : To book your housing with complete assurance and before you travel, UFV recommends the service of this international housing platform. Click here to be identified as a UFV VIP user and you will have priority access to the available rooms. You can make your booking on their secure platform. All of the advertisers on HousingAnywhere have been verified. If you would like to know more about Madrid: www.HousingAnywhere.com/Madrid–Spain. For further information: guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
www.accommadrid.com This company was created 25 years ago, and offers a wide variety of accommodation in Madrid, such as families, shared flats, residences… For short and long stays in all areas of Madrid. We select the accommodation personally, offering high quality at an affordable price. Personalised help and advice service throughout your stay.
www.aluni.net This is a company specialising in managing and advertising accommodation for students all over Spain. UFV students who obtain their housing through Aluni will get a 20% discount on the contract fee. To do this, you need to contact them by email: email@example.com The services are offered in different languages: Spanish, English, Catalan, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic and Chinese. They have flats all over the Madrid Autonomous Region, Getafe, Fuenlabrada and Alcalá de Henares. The flats are fully furnished, with internet in every room, maintenance service and cleaning of the common areas.
www.spotahome.com This is a different and new intermediation service between tenants and landlords for leases of more than one month. Web with professional photos, plans of the flats, descriptions in English and explanatory videos. Multilingual customer service centre. Personalised service.
www.homiii.com UFV students can enjoy renting a room in a shared flat in the most central areas of Madrid (neighbourhoods of Salamanca, Centro and Chamberí). The accommodation is so designed that students can live together at both professional and personal level within an adapted space which covers all their needs. Homiii accompanies each student after they rent a room so they can integrate into their new home and new city, and into the Homiii Community with events and immediate attention. All the flats are in the best areas of Madrid, they are refurbished, furnished and equipped with WiFi and Netflix (free). Weekly cleaning and 24-hour maintenance. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Calle Doctor Cortezo 15 1º derecha
www.beroomers.com es Book your housing comfortably, securely and 100%-online using Beroomers. Thousands of options merely by clicking, so you only have to choose the one that best suits you. Click on BEROOMERS and find your ideal accommodation today! If you need more information you can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
www.madrideasy.com This has over 800 places in Madrid distributed among apartments, shared flats, residences and host families. All the properties have been verified by MadridEasy and can be visited by advance appointment. For further information contact +34 915 938 352 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
www.firststepsinmadrid.com This will help you to find the accommodation you need to match your budget and needs.
www.uniplaces.com This site has 30,000 properties in 40 European cities. They certify the properties and have an anti-fraud payment system unique in Europe. They work with the European Commission and ESN International on the HouseErasmus+ project.
Students Global Relocation, a company specialising in international mobility, has housing in Madrid, Barcelona, Portugal, France, Italy, Great Britain and Holland. It also offers a series of services additional to the housing, such as airport transfers, welcome service and much more…
Swiftflats This has different flats and rooms available in Madrid with a 15% discount on the booking fee.
Smart Residences Shared flats for students but with all the services of a hall of residence. Live with people of your own age and level of studies (close to Moncloa). Full board, laundry, ironing and cleaning service for rooms and common areas. There are over 350 places in the centre in 70 properties around Chamberí and Salamanca. www.smartresidences.es Telephones: 911692869 and 634933876
El Faro Residence inaugurated in September 2016, is in the perfect location: Moncloa, where the University Campus merges with the centre of Madrid. It has a total of 358 beds in single and double rooms, in a brand new building with the best facilities.
ERASMUSU is Europe’s largest community of students. You can book verified accommodation through a secure system, not just in Madrid, but all over the world if you are thinking of studying abroad. In addition to housing, you can find information about different cities and universities, read the experiences of other students and travellers, view evaluations and reviews of large numbers of destinations, find a job or traineeship offers. Have a look at our more than 5000 housing options and join the Erasmusu community today. WEBSITE: https://erasmusu.com/es/erasmus-madrid/alquiler-estudiantes
- Over 5000 housing options in Madrid including rooms, flats, studios and residences
- Personal assistance email: email@example.com
How to book on Erasmusu: Book the property by paying for the first month. The owner will have 48 hours to accept or reject the offer. Once it has been accepted, you can contact the owner. 30% discount on the booking fee using the code UFV30 and entering through this link .
ERASMUSPLAY A search and comparison engine for student housing, dedicated to students coming to Spanish universities. It lets you compare the entire array of housing available rapidly and simply. You can also make a booking with full assurance, because all their housing comes from verified platforms. Book your student flat in 3 steps:
– Select your faculty, destination and dates.
– Compare all the housing options available.
– Click and book with complete assurance.
BUSCORESI Find accommodation at the best student residences and halls.
Other companies such as www.tupiso.com ; www.mad4rent.es; www.lifeinspain.es; www.housinganywhere.com/ ; possess large rental databases for individual flats, shared flats and rooms and facilitate the work of searching for you.
- You can also do this via the websites www.idealista.com or www.fotocasa.es
- If you prefer, you can come to Madrid a bit before classes start, stay at a hostel temporarily www.catshostel.com; www.room007.com; purchase a mobile and walk around the area where you would like to live. You will find many doorways with signs advertising flats or rooms to rent and the contact number.
- On this page, you can also find accommodation in hostels and hotels for short stays while you search for permanent housing: www.friendlyrentals.com ; www.trivago.es
- Another option is to share the experience of living with a Spanish family (from 700 to 800 euros): www.accommadrid.com
- Or live in a student residence (for example, House Inn www.residenciaestudiantes-madrid.es, Palacio de Barradas www.palaciodebarradas.com; Residencia La Luna www.residencialaluna.com
- Female residence: www.estuhome.es. This offers 21 places in 5 double rooms and 11 single rooms. It offers a regime of room, breakfast, and even full board. Rooms with own washbasin, safe, fitted wardrobe, table and chair. This includes laundry, room cleaning and free use of WiFi. Situated in the very centre, at Calle Fernando el Católico number 76, and just a step away from the Moncloa transport hub. The tariffs for full board are: €990 in single room and €880 in double room.
- Buy a transport pass and a prepay mobile.
- Wear comfortable shoes and be patient, as you will not find your ideal flat on the first day.
- Before signing a contract, check which costs are included (heating, water, telephone, electricity, community charge, etc.). Normally, community charge and heating are included, while electricity, telephone and water have to be paid for separately.
- Always try to see the house before you rent it, either in photos or visiting in person if possible. ALWAYS sign a rental contract specifying the conditions to avoid misunderstandings; if photos can be attached to the contract, so much the better.
- You may be asked for a bank guarantee or to pay a deposit; we recommend that you pay a deposit of one month’s rent, and make sure you get a receipt.
- If you have any doubts about the contract, ask the International Relations Office to review it before you sign it.