Admission and enrolment information
for international students

The admissions process for the academic year 2018/19 is now open.

The Universidad Francisco de Vitoria receives applications from virtually all countries from around the world, representing a wide variety of educational systems, nationalities and cultures that enrich our university.

At the UFV, we count on a specific admissions process for international students.

Except for the case of Medicine, there is no set time of the year in which to take the tests. Places are adjudicated in strict order of admission and subsequent place reservation. However, we strongly recommend to those who require a visa and/or the legalisation of documentation that they apply at least four (4) months before the course to be studied commences.


Admissions Process:flecha

Admission process

Documentation to be included for admission-

1st year students*

To begin the process, first you must send us, by email (even better by means of Dropbox or WeTransfer, as the files can be very big, often over 10Mb, and fail to arrive):

  • The completed application form. Download it and save it in your computer. Fill in it, save the changes and send it with the rest of documents asked for.

  • A handwritten letter from the applicant describing his or her interest in the degree subject and the UFV and speaking about him or herself. We do not specify a set length, and it may be written in Spanish or English.
  • Two letters of recommendation from your teachers or employers. They may be written in Spanish or in English.
  • Photocopy of you ID card or passport
  • Photograph
  • Academic transcript of your higher secondary school studies to date.
  • Certificate of language level accreditation** (Spanish and/or English). If you do not have one, you will have to take an additional test.

**This requirement does not apply to those students who have studied their higher secondary school studies in English and/or Spanish. This requirement may be satisfied by submitting the official certification of the level reached of one of the following examinations in Spanish and/or English.

Once we have received this documentation, a personal interview over Skype will be arranged with you. To do this, you will need to let us know your Skype Id.

*Except for Medicine, which has its own specific process, and Design, which also has an additional drawing test, which you will be informed about in due course.


Academic record transfer

To be admitted to the UFV in this manner, you must have at least 30 credits completed of our programme.

For the pre-assessment of any applicant, it is ESSENTIAL that the following documentation be sent to us:

  • Certificate of the foreign university studies completed
  • Document reflecting the subjects passsed, with the corresponding grades
  • Academic curriculum

Once we have received EVERYTHING, the possible ratification will be studied and you will be informed of the steps to take if you remain interested in transferring the academic record. We do not need official or apostilled documents for this assessment, but they must be in Spanish.

This assessment and the possible subsequent ratification of credits is free of charge.

Please bear in mind that incomplete applications will not be processed. Documents sent by email or scanned are not valid.

Please send the documentation to:

Universidad Francisco de Vitoria
To the attention of: Brígida Valencia. Responsable Admisiones Internacionales
Departamento Orientación Información Universitaria
Ctra. Pozuelo-Majadahonda Km. 1.800
28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid)


Acceptance letter-

If you are accepted, you will receive notification by electronic mail. From that point, you will have access to the university portal, where, among other things, you will be able to download your acceptance letter and apply for a scholarship.


Reserving your place-

To reserve your place at the Universidad Francisco de Vitoria, it is necessary to pay the student case file opening fees, which amount to 500 Euros*.

This must be made by bank transfer to the following Banco Santander account:

  • Recipient: Fundación Francisco de Vitoria
  • Account Number  ES70 0049 1916 13 2910147121  Swift Code BSCHESMMXXX
  • Concept of payment: Your name and surname, degree course and year

Once you have made the transfer, you must send proof of payment to this email to the attention of Lidia Muñoz.

Your place reservation will become effective the moment that we receive payment confirmation from the Banco Santander.

*This amount will only be refunded in the event that the student does not pass the 2nd year of Higher Secondary Education (Bachillerato).



The registration period is between early June and late October.

Necessary documentation for legal registration

UNED Credentials

This document provides access to Spanish universities to students from educational systems of the following countries: Germany, Andorra, Austria, International Baccalaureate, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, China, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, European Schools, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Romania, Sweden and Switzerland.

To register, you will need to submit:

  • A certified photocopy of the EU credential issued by the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED).
  • Provisional credentials: This credential is provisional and will be valid in all Spanish universities for admission purposes only and should be replaced by the DEFINITIVE CREDENTIAL prior to the formalisation of final registration. It is necessary to send this document as soon as possible to the UFV Admissions Department
  • A simple photocopy of your final grades of the last two years studied (your 1st and 2nd years of Higher Secondary Education, in the Spanish educational system, that would be Bachillerato)
    The original credential must be in the possession of the student, so it is advisable to submit a certified photocopy.

Remember: If at the time of taking the entry tests you do not have said documents, you must send them as soon as possible to the Admissions Department in order for your registration to be valid.


MEC Ratification

Students from foreign education systems with their studies ratified with the Spanish Bachillerato and who are not entering Spanish university studies by EU Credentials or the PAU, by the UNED (Royal Decree 412/2014, 6th June).

To register, you will need to submit:

  • Certified photocopy of the ACCREDITATION issued by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, where the average grade is reflected.
  • Simple photocopy of the Higher Secondary Studies certificate to be ratified by the Ministry.
  • Simple photocopy of your final grades of your last two years of Higher Secondary Education, (in the Spanish educational system, that would be Bachillerato)

Both the title and the final grades certificate must be official documents, duly legalised (by diplomatic channels or apostilled) and if they are written in another language, they must be accompanied by a sworn translation.

Remember: If at the time of taking the entry tests you do not have said documents, you must send them as soon as possible to the Admissions Department in order for your registration to be valid.


Partial ratification of credits

  • For those students who have not finished their official university studies in a foreign university and do not have any other legal means of access to a Spanish university.

To register, you will need to submit:

  • Sworn affidavit that you have not applied for the ratification of your title to the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, in the case of students with an official degree title.
    As from September 2004 (Royal Decree 285/2004), students with an official title obtained abroad must apply for the ratification of said title, either wholly or partially, bearing in mind that BOTH OPTIONS CANNOT BE APPLIED FOR SIMULTANEOUSLY.
  • Certificate of the foreign university studies completed
  • Academic Programme of the subjects passed
  • Academic curriculum

All documents must be official, issued by competent authorities and must be duly legalised, be it by diplomatic means or apostilled (signatory countries to the Hague Convention), except for those documents issued by universities belonging to any EU member country.

All documents originally written in another language must be accompanied with an official translation into Spanish, this may be by:

  • a sworn translator, duly authorised or registered in Spain.
  • any Spanish diplomatic or consul representative in foreign soil.
  • diplomatic  or consul representation in Spain of the country to which the applicant belongs, or, where applicable, from where the document was issued from.
  • by an official foreign translator, with the official translator's company duly legalised.


If you should require any further information regarding the admission of international students, please contact: